Having a look around the blogosphere this morning I was quite alarmed at what I was reading. There seems to be some so called analysts and news media sites calling the sell off we have been witness too the start of a bigger crash and or meltdown on the market.
WOW! I think these are big statements but would like to take the time to help traders young and old as to what I think ('IN MY HUMBLE OPINION' - of course) is really going on right now in a few simple sentences.
Before I do that, it is important to show you a chart, so lets go to the most damaged indicie chart right now the DOW JONES DAILY CHART.....
|Is The Market Really Crashing|
As you can see on the chart above we have gone from 15500 all the way to the 14976 level. So in saying that we have sold off just over 500 points as you read this. No where near a crash, that is for sure.
In fact, in terms of the huge move up we saw back in JUNE - AUGUST we have only taken off about half of those profits so far. So again, it is nothing really to sneeze at.
Here are some other important NOTES to REMEMBER :-
* We have rallied quite extensively in 2013 and profit taking is always going to occur.
* We are currently in a BULL MARKET and no where does it state bull markets must go UP IN A STRAIGHT LINE.
* There has been no let-up in the 'taper tantrum' that has demolished stocks across the emerging markets in recent months.
* The fed has not issued their TAPERING statement this will happen NEXT MONTH.
* Spiking interest rates is putting pressure on the overall market.
* This is AUGUST and notoriously known to be low volume, and prone for corrections over the decades as smart money and bigger traders are on holiday, and totally out of the market.
WHAT IF YOU KNEW WHICH WAY THE MARKET WAS ABOUT TO MOVE BEFORE IT HAPPENED? CLICK HERE To Join Our VIP ELITE GROUP -- FREE!
Powered by 123ContactForm | Report abuse